**PLEASE NOTE** all services also available ONLINE. Reach out if you’re not local or are unable to do an in-person consultation. (10% discount for online classes or consultations) All prices + HST.
Home visits ($100/per hour, 1.5 hr min fee)
Most visits can be accommodated the same day or within 24 hours with telephone support on what to do until my visit. I try to schedule visits during feeding time, so let me know when baby ate last, if you are supplementing or not, and what methods you are using.
Prenatal Breastfeeding Classes ($100 per class)
Most families prepare for the birth with weeks of classes, one of which is dedicated to newborn care and feeding. The labour and birth will generally last under 48 hours, but breastfeeding happens every few hours for (hopefully) 6 months or longer. Although breastfeeding is the physiologically normal way to feed human infants, it is both a skill and an art that takes time to get into the rhythm of. You and your baby are learning a new dance, listening and learning each others cues.
Classes will cover:
- Benefits of skin to skin contact
- Optimizing latching and positioning
- How do I know if baby is getting milk?
- Normal newborn behavior – feeding cues
- How to tell if breastfeeding is going well, and what to do if it’s not.
- Private or Group Classes Available. Class length: 3 hours.
*NEW* Solids Class ($100 per class)
If you are approaching your baby’s 6 month birthday then you’re sure to have thought about starting solids and what that means for your breastfeeding relationship. How do you start? How will your milk supply stay high? Is food before 1, just for fun? (Nope!) Let me guide you and dispel some myths. This interactive class, developed with a nutritionist, will help you feel confident entering the second half of your baby’s first year.
We will cover:
- How to maintain breastfeeding and milk supply while offering solids
- Guiding your baby to accept and enjoy solids
- The benefits of protein-based solids
- Managing breastmilk supply and flow
- Reading your baby’s feeding cues
- How to know if your baby is getting enough overall nutrition
- Nutrition tips for breastfeeding moms
- How to know if breastfeeding is going well and what to do if it’s not